A Landlord

A landlord is behind the bar...

A landlord is behind the bar when in walks a businessman.

“What’ll you have?” asks the publican. “A scotch, please,” says the businessman.

The bartender hands him the drink, and says, “That’ll be two quid.” “What are you talking about?” says the man, angry. “I don’t owe you anything.” A nearby lawyer turns to the bartender. “You know, he’s got you there,” he says. “In the original offer, which constitutes a binding contract upon acceptance, there was no stipulation of remuneration.”

The bartender’s not impressed, but relents as he turns to the first man. “OK, you got yourself a free drink. But don’t ever let me catch you in here again.”

The next day, the same businessman walks into the bar – and the landlord is furious.

“Get out! I can’t believe you’ve got the audacity to come back!”

“What’re you talking about?” says the man. “I’ve never been in this place in my life.”

The barman is suddenly embarrassed. “I’m very sorry, but this is uncanny. You must have a double.” The businessman grins at him.

“Cheers! Make it a scotch.”




0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home